Went with Airbiscuit to cover the Presidents’s cup. It was rather scorching, if it weren’t for some sunblock, I’d be in lobster agony by now.
Was pretty excited about last night’s prospect about taking my umbrella stand out for the first time for an on location shoot. Somehow I convinced airbiscuit along for the night. How wrong he was! What greeted us was a sudden downpour of rain, dashing hopes for a star gazing session. What resulted was a fuck boring presentation about the fucking solar system and other heavenly bodies. Talk about boring Powerpoints…
I had to make do with what we’ve got, so I set up my umbrella, loaded batteries into the loaned SB800 from airbiscuit and worked the Nikon CLS (Creative Lighting System) magic.
Wanted to emulate the first shot, getting the rim light not so bright on the child, but this child was kinda fidgety and they were about to pack up the telescope anyway. So I did what I had to do, burst everything and be done with it.
Around 200 participants pounded Tasek Lama, Subok, Merkuching, Mentiri and finally Shahbandar for a good cause, raising awareness to Autism and its sufferers in Brunei.
* Ken Rockwell is the Chuck Norris of photography
* Ken Rockwell’s camera has similar settings to ours, except his are: P[erfect] Av[Awesome Priority Tv[Totally Awesome Priority] M[ajestic]
* Ken Rockwell doesn’t color correct. He adjusts your world to match his.
* Sure, Ken Rockwell deletes a bad photo or two. Other people call these Pulitzers.
* Ken Rockwell doesn’t adjust his DOF, he changes space-time.
* Circle of confusion? You might be confused. Ken Rockwell never is.
* Ken Rockwell doesn’t wait for the light when he shoots a landscape – the light waits for him.
* Ken Rockwell never flips his camera in portrait position, he flips the earth
* Ken Rockwell ordered an L-lens from Nikon, and got one.
* Ken Rockwell is the only person to have photographed Jesus; unfortunately he ran out of film and had to use a piece of cloth instead.
* When Ken Rockwell brackets a shot, the three versions of the photo win first place in three different categories
* Before Nikon or Canon releases a camera they go to Ken and they ask him to test them, the best cameras get a Nikon sticker and the less good get a Canon sticker
* Once Ken tested a camera, he said I cant even put Canon on this one,thats how Pentax was born
* Rockwellian policy isn’t doublethink – Ken doesn’t even need to think once
* Ken Rockwell doesn’t use flash ever since the Nagasaki incident.
* Only Ken Rockwell can take pictures of Ken Rockwell; everyone else would just get their film overexposed by the light of his genius
* Ken Rockwell wanted something to distract the lesser photographers, and lo, there were ducks.
* Ken Rockwell is the only one who can take self-portraits of you
* Ken Rockwell’s nudes were fully clothed at the time of exposure
* Ken Rockwell once designed a zoom lens. You know it as the Hubble SpaceTelescope.
* When Ken unpacks his CF card, it already has masterpieces on it.
* Rockwell portraits are so lifelike, they have to pay taxes
* On Ken Rockwell’s desktop, the Trash Icon is really a link to National Geographic Magazine
* Ken Rockwell spells point-and-shoot “h-a-s-s-e-l-b-l-a-d”
* When Ken Rockwell went digital, National Geographic nearly went out of business because he was no longer phyically discarding photos
* For every 10 shots that Ken Rockwell takes, 11 are keepers.
* Ken Rockwell’s digital files consist of 0’s, 1’s AND 2’s.
* Ken Rockwell never focus, everything moves into his DoF
* Ken Rockwell’s shots are so perfect, Adobe redesigned photoshop for him: all it consists of is a close button.
* The term tripod was coined after his silhouette
* Ken Rockwell never produces awful work, only work too advanced for the viewer
* A certain braind of hig-end cameras was named after people noticed the quality was a lot “like a” rockwell
* Ken Rockwell isn’t the Chuck Norris of photography; Chuck Norris is the Ken Rockwell of martial arts.
Was kinda weird. I ordered a Legioss Mospeada Kit on the 15th of March and it arrived just last Sunday at the Muara Post Office, on the 7th of April. Now I would cry foul and blast the seller on his eBay feedback for shipping the item late or him providing inaccurate tracking information or I’d create another post berrating on the inefficiency of the postal service here. But none of that from me it seems, as I’m just happy to have the item finally arrive so I can watch my Genesis Climber Mospeada while fidgeting with my action figure.
So I figured I’d just get home during lunch and check on the item and then get back to the office to leave some feedback on my first purchase. Funny thing was, it disappeared from My Ebay listing on items I need to leave feedback on, then upon further checking, the seller is no longer registered with eBay.
Even then, I was happy that my item arrived in immaculate condition, looking factory fresh. Thank goodness the seller shipped it in another box, and before he decided to close up shop. I just wonder though, if some other unscrupulous sellers did something like this without even shipping the items.
After my previous purchase of the StupidLogic.org domain, I was wondering when would the StupidLogic.com domain would be available. Afterall, it was held on to by some dude from the US. Anyway, I got this domain from GoDaddy.com, which, after a painless Paypal process, the domain immediately went into my control.
If you want to update your links, be my guess. I just hope it the referrer links will still show up from your site, and not from the StupidLogic.com domain.
Bring a Nikon D80 with the 50mm f/1.4 attached, and wirelessly strobe the hell out of things with an SB800 Speedlight. Having an 80-200mm f/2.8 as backup, and having another Nikonian bring it the big guns, i.e. D200, also helps somewhat.
Happy Birthday to our beloved Yas!
This was taken at almost similar shutter speeds; while only a few seconds apart, it clearly shows that the moon is slowly rising. Wanted to take the details of the moon as well, but the large aperture made that impossible.
Bongo Elastic Ties
Dot Line Umbrella Swivel
Rosco 8×10 Color Correction Pk
Westcott 43″ Collapsible Soft Silver
Bogen Manfrotto Collapsible Light Stand 3373